The DeRidder USO

The DeRidder USO may have been the first buildling built for and used exclusively by the United Service Organizations (USO) during World War II. The building which is located at the corner of Hwy 27 and 7th Street in DeRidder is now used as a Civic Center. It houses an interesting collection of memorabilia and is open to the public. Meeting rooms are available.


World War II - USO" by Velmer Smith.

First USO facts & pictures brochure:
Brochure page 1
Brochure page 2
Brochure page 3

USO Website


Photos below were taken while the USO was under construction. They are from the collection of the Fort Polk Museum. Click on a photo to open the full size image.

Photos from Ft. Polk Museum.

For more information on the War Memorial Civic Center, contact:
Beauregard Tourist Commission
P.O. Box 1174
DeRidder, LA 70634
Phone: (337) 463-5534

Feedback
Any comments concerning this Web Page should be set to : vickir@beau.org
Back to Museum Page
Back to Homepage